TOP 10 LISTS
|GOLF COURSES||WATERFRONT SPOTS||ATTRACTIONS||GETAWAYS|
TOP 10 FLORIDA PUBLIC GOLF COURSES
PUBLIC COURSES PRIVATE COURSES
PGA National – Palm Beach Gardens, Florida 400 Avenunue of PGA Blvd. PBG, Fl. ………What does your championship experience feel like? If it involves golf, there’s no Florida resort to compare to PGA National Resort & Spa with its five legendary courses — certain to create the most memorable of golf vacations. Perhaps you’ll start by playing the Jack Nicklaus-redesigned Champion Course, host of the PGA TOUR’s Honda Classic. Faced with the challenge of The Bear Trap, that famous three-hole stretch, some golfers think it’s best saved for last. Four more excellent courses are in the lineup. Meet The Fazio, our reinvention of The Haig. Then take on The Palmer, test yourself on The Squire and tee up at The Estates. The best way to cover the territory is to book one of our Florida golf resort packages.
- The Champion – Home of the Bear Trap and the Honda Classic. The Palmer – Florida golf course Designed by the great Arnold Palmer. The Fazio – NEWLY RENOVATED! Formerly the Haig Course. The Squire – The “thinking man’s course” designed by Tom and George Fazio. The Estates – For golfers of all levels, designed by Karl Litten.
- TPC at Sawgrass, Ponte Vedra Beach, Fl. 110 Championship Way Ponte Vedra Beach, Fl. 904-273-3235 Just 12 miles from Jacksonville, Fla., and 20 miles north of historic St. Augustine, TPC Sawgrass offers two championship golf courses that are open for the public to enjoy – THE PLAYERS Stadium Course, Home of THE PLAYERS Championship, and Dye’s Valley Course, host of the Web.com Tour Championship. TPC Sawgrass is a three-time recipient of the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence, was also honored as the No. 9-ranked resort golf course in the United States and the top-ranked golf course in Florida, by Golfweek magazine. The Club is also part of the PGA TOUR’s acclaimed TPC Network, which includes sister golf courses such as TPC Scottsdale, host of the Waste Management Phoenix Open and TPC Boston, host of the Deutsche Bank Championship. Master architect Pete Dye designed both golf courses, with The Stadium Course being the most recognizable thanks to the intimidating par-3, 17th hole that features the famed island green. Dye’s Valley Course was recently recognized in Golfweek Magazine as one of the “Best Courses You Can Play” in the state of Florida. With the same standards of excellence found at the Stadium Course, but a quieter, unassuming feel, Dye’s Valley Course rounds out a complete experience at TPC Sawgrass.Unparalleled golf is just the beginning of what makes your TPC Sawgrass experience during your Florida golf vacation so extraordinary. As our guest, you’re invited to take advantage of all the services and amenities we offer.
- Doral – Doral, Florida 4400 NW 87th Avenue, Doral, Florida 305-592-2000 Trump National Doral Golf Club members enjoy four different golf courses that have played host to scores of professional golfers and events. The Blue Monster, The Red Tiger, The Silver Fox and The Golden Palm golf courses have some of the toughest holes and most spectacular views in Florida. The Blue Monster, has undergone a massive redesign by Mr. Trump and Gil Hanse. Reaffirming its reputation as one of the most challenging courses, the 7,608 yard course features strategically placed deep bunkers, long fairways, undulating greens and an assortment of water hazards to challenge even the most experienced golfers. You are invited to discover the Trump Difference. Trump National Doral Golf Club members enjoy a life of leisure and luxury with the best in golf, recreational amenities and unsurpassed service.
- Winston Trails – Lake Worth, Florida 6101 Winston Trails Blvd., Lake Worth, Fl. 561-968-8535 Winston Trails Golf Club in Lake Worth is a beautifully designed Joe Lee Championship course that provides one of the finest, upscale semi-private golf experiences in Palm Beach County.
Playing to over 7000 yards from the Championship Tees, our facility provides lush manicured fairways with generous landing areas and perfectly conditioned Champion Bermuda Grass Putting Greens.
We pride ourselves on…
- Providing a private club atmosphere, with great customer service at a semi-private/public facility.
- An award winning PGA Merchandiser of the Year discount golf shop with all the latest in apparel and equipment.
- The best practice facility in Palm Beach County, which features a 70 yard short game area with bunkers, a pitching & chipping green, a large putting green and a driving range with target greens.
- Men’s and ladies’ locker rooms complete with showers for your convenience.
- State of the Art Fitness Center which is complete with steam and sauna in both the men’s and ladies’ locker rooms.
- Asherwood Grill which features an outdoor patio & bar
- Abacoa Golf Club – Jupiter, Fl. 105 Barbados Drive Jupiter, Fl. 561-622-0036
Abacoa Golf Club is located in the heart of one of the best golf communities in the country — Jupiter, Florida. With all the surrounding competition, Abacoa Golf Club features a popular course that stands out from the rest. The experience at Abacoa combines the best in golf challenge, luxurious amenities and tropical scenery. The layout at Abacoa is one of the finest South Florida public golf courses, boasting a design by renowned course architect Joe Lee. At Abacoa lush, rolling fairways weave through undulated landscape surrounded by serene lakes and native vegetation. In typical Joe Lee style, Abacoa’s lakes and bunkers meets its sloping fairways with little obstruction. This course is challenging but fair to golfers of all skill and experience levels. The greens are TifEagle grass and some of the highest quality putting surfaces in all of Florida. Abacoa Golf Club is one of the few Florida golf courses that can boast about its unique elevation changes. It’s a true treat to play.
- North Palm Beach– North Palm Beach, Florida 951 US Highway 1 NPB, Fl. 561-691-3433
On behalf of the Village of North Palm Beach and the entire North Palm Beach Country Club staff we would like to welcome you to our Jack Nicklaus Signature golf course. This Jack Nicklaus Signature course was redesigned and opened to the public for play in the fall of 2006. This links-style course is 1 of only 2 Nicklaus Signature Municipal courses in the United States, and has quickly become one of the premier golf destinations in Florida. The golf course at North Palm Beach Country Club is very unique to south Florida. The undulating terrain, superbly conditioned greens and the amazing setting on the Intracoastal Waterway make this course stand out among other area greats. Sitting atop the Seminole Ridge, this picturesque layout was artfully redesigned to work in harmony with the natural terrain, from the intracoastal waterway to the natural oak hammocks. This course design features elevation changes,rolling fairways and undulated well-bunkered greens. This par-71 course was lengthened to over 7,000 yards from the back tees. With 5 sets of tees, Jack designed flexibility into the course to cater to every level of golfer, making it playable and challenging at the same time
- PGA Village – Port St. Lucie, Florida 1916 Perfect Drive, Port St. Lucie, Florida 772-467-1300
The Ultimate Golf Resort.
PGA Village in Port St. Lucie, Florida, is the ultimate golf resort destination. Ranked among the ’75 Best Golf Resorts’ by Golf Digest, PGA Village – St. Lucie includes 54 holes of championship golf at PGA Golf Club, masterfully laid out by design legends Tom Fazio and Pete Dye; and the best in golf training and teaching at the state-of-the-art 35-acre PGA Learning Center all within one spectacular golf resort that is owned and operated by The PGA of America – professionals.
- Palm Beach Gardens Golf (Sandhill) – West Palm Beach, Fl. 11401 Northlake Blvd. WPB, Fl. 888-303-5717
Sandhill Crane Golf Course
The Palm Beach Gardens Golf Course is a challenging test of golf carved out of the beautiful Loxahatchee Nature Preserve. This Par 72 course was recently redesigned and renovated by golf architect firm Dusenberry Design in the summer/fall of 2013. With a new irrigation system, celebration bermuda fairways, and tifeagle greens, the course will become a golf destination for residents and visitors alike.
- Polo Trace Golf Club – Delray Beach, Florida 13481 Polo Trace Dr. Delray Beach, Fl. 561-495-5300 Polo Trace Golf Club is one of South Florida’s premier golf courses. Designed by Karl Litten, this links-style course plays over 7,000 yards, featuring new Champion Turf greens and lush rolling fairways providing Polo Trace customers with the ultimate golfing experience. Located in beautiful Delray Beach, Florida, Polo Trace Golf Club is just minutes from historic downtown Delray Beach. Palm Beach International Airport is only fifteen minutes away providing easy access for out of town guests. From the moment you drive up to the time you leave Polo Trace Drive you will experience exceptional service and world class golf. Call us today to Play The Best golf in South Florida!
- Palm Beach Par 3 – Palm Beach, Florida 2345 South Ocean Blvd., Palm Beach, Florida 561-547-0598 SEE MENU It’s been touted twice by Golf Digest as “The Best Par 3 in the U.S.” Golf Magazine has also bestowed its Number One Rating to the course with its second-place award given the short course at Augusta National. And it has been listed among Golf Range Magazine’s Top 25 Short Courses in America for the two years there has been a poll. Professionals love it, too. In its early days it was popular with the founders of the LPGA. Contemporary LPGA members liked it so much they chose the Par 3 as the location for the annual LPGA Pro-Am event for 20 pros from 1983 until 2000. And it’s been the location of the LPGA Pro-Am 50th Anniversary celebration and tournament as well. Many PGA Tour members have also enjoyed the Par 3 over the years. The Town is proud of the Par 3’s historical worldwide recognition and elite status as one of the best. Celebrating its 50th birthday, the beautifully restored Par 3 is well on its way to regaining its glory, when it was ranked #1 in the country.
The driving force behind Streamsong is The Mosaic Company and its visionary use of land recovered from a former phosphate mine. Through the land recovery process, sand dunes were created throughout the property, which made for dramatic rises in elevation and the perfect base for fairways and greens with a stunning variety in contour. This inspired combination of indigenous and man-made terrain—coupled with the imaginations of three of the finest golf course architects in the world—set the stage for two of the best links-style golf courses ever to be played. Prepare yourself for an entirely new walking golf experience. Prepare yourself for Streamsong.